Monday, March 6, 2017

Purify

Last Monday was my 7 month mark! So to celebrate Elder McBeth, Elder Milad, Elder Casdorph and I went to Niagara Falls!! Definitely the best way to start off the week.
​​
The highlight of my week was definitely zone council. Elder Milad and Elder McBeth held a great Talk Show called "The Zone Show" and they talked about the book Jesus The Christ, which has has me inspired to read it through.
Later our zone leaders Elder Munsey and Elder Shu talked about purifying ourselves as missionaries and becoming the best we can.
That has hit me hard as I have been reflecting on the last 7 months of my mission, thinking about the things that I can do better and about the blessings not only I will receive but the blessings that I will be able to see in the lives of the people I teach and the lives of everyone around me.

I went on exchange this last week and we played basketball with a group of Filipinos. Not sure if you have ever played ball with anyone from the Philippines but if you have you know how good they are at basketball. I asked one of the members that plays how much he played back home and he just looked at me and straight faced said "daily." It was definitely one of the best exercises I've had my whole mission.

I hope you all have a great week!









--

ارشد جک باکر

Elder Jack Bakker

No comments:

Post a Comment