Monday, September 18, 2017

My Comp got Beat Up

How's everything going?

All is well here just living the life in Richmond Hill Ontario!

Not much to report on this week unfortunately ....

The week started out good. I went on exchange with Elder Martin. Something that I absolutely love about serving in the most diverse city in the world is being able to teach the whole world without leaving the city. Elder Martin is my zone leader and he is a Mandarin speaking missionary. So for the entirety of the day he was teaching me how to contact people in Mandarin. Holy cow it is so easy to get people to stop and talk to you when you are white but speak their language, even if all you can do is say "hello, how are you?". We went about the day and I can now introduce myself as a missionary from the church. WOOHOO.

The other plus to this week was watching my companion Elder Dixon get punched, picked up and thrown around. Our investigator was a professional fighter in Iran and he was giving us some pointers. He also serenaded us with a song. What a guy! :)

Well sorry for the short letter but I hope you all have a good week :)


bubye

--

Elder Jack Bakker
ارشد جک باکر

No comments:

Post a Comment