Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Turkey Day Finally Came!

The week started off with me rearranging the apartment because I was bored of the arrangement. shortly after that we finally got rid of the smoke/weed smell in our bathroom! The solution was duct tape over the vent and it worked surprisingly well!

On Thursday an amazing member named Barbara Ann put together a big Thanksgiving dinner for some missionaries and President Shields and his family. It was awesome. She had American flags on the table and everything. And being her favorite I got to cut the ham. ;)

The next day my comp and I made a day trip 2 hours west to the Kitchener/Waterloo area in search of Persians! And the trip was a major success! We found one woman and her family that speak Dari (Persian dilect) and it was easily that most confused I've ever been on my mission but somehow my comp was able to talk to and understand her. I was able to teach her the restoration and she was easily one of the most open Muslims I've talked to. After that we were able to meet with another man in a Burger King, he has met with the missionaries before and loved talking with us! He is going to church this Sunday with the suster missionaries over there! The third person we talked to is awesome, she is pretty childish and funny but she keeps bringing people to the gospel even though she isn't even a member yet! So things are looking up in the Kitchener/Waterloo area and we are planning on making the trip over there more regularly!

That's pretty much everything this week, hope you all had a wonderful T
hanksgiving!


love you all!

ارشد باکر

Elder Bakker

No comments:

Post a Comment