Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Baby Blessings and Baptisms

Laura's baptism

Moose skull


What's up fam
Another week another email
We are coming up on week 6 of our 13th transfer. Pretty weird. 4 transfers left. Yikes.
We had MLC and the church has authorized Facebook in our mission! Weird, we set it up and have been figuring it out. The weirdest thing is that we don't use Elder in our names.... so I'm just Jack on social media and now all the members know hahahaha.
For the past 3 Saturdays we have been filling the baptismal and I'll tell you what we are pros at getting the water the right temperature now. The water heater in the church is pretty much garbage and won't keep the water warm hahahah. We have to boil around 8 big pots of water to make sure it's the right temperature..... but it's all good. This past Saturday Laura was baptized!!!!! Woohoo! Elder Ward baptized her and it was awesome.
The next day (Sunday) I was able to confirm her a member. And about 5 minutes after that, a member walked up to the stand to give his baby a name and a blessing, he went up alone and talked to the bishop then looked directly at me and called me out of the congregation. So I went up expecting to just assist and as we were about to start he looks at me and says "ok you are going to be the voice". WHAT. So this guy has me give his baby a name and a blessing....... what. Ha I had to ask Bishop Stitt what to say and whatnot so it was an interesting sacrament meeting...
It was a super spiritual fast and testimony meeting.
So those are the highlights of the week! Hope you all have a good week!
-Elder Bakker


No comments:

Post a Comment